Level 3 Award in Education and Training course starting soon
Register your interest – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
We are proud to offer the Level 3 Award in Education and Training Qualification, which has replaced the Preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) Qualification.
This regulated and nationally recognised qualification will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to prepare you for teaching in a wide range of contexts. The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills and knowledge needed to prepare you for employment in an education and training setting.
Our Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) qualification has been specifically designed to be an introduction to teaching for you if you work or would like to work in the further education and skills sector e.g. Further Education (FE) Colleges, Independent Training Providers and/or Local Authorities.
Click ‘ENROL’ for the next Level 3 Award in Education and Training
This course is suitable for new and existing trainers who want to develop their skills and gain the nationally recognised Education and Training Qualification. This Award is also the government standard minimum qualification for trainers delivering publicly funded courses.
Over a 5 day period, you will build an understanding of the specific roles and responsibilities related to planning and delivering inclusive training sessions. You will receive 48 guided learning hours and will need to undertake approximately 25 hours of self-directed study, so it is important to plan in time for both the training days and for completing all necessary assessments and paperwork in your own work time.
Throughout this course, you will learn about the following aspects of education and training:
- How adults learn
- Equality and diversity in training
- Training needs analysis and setting learning objectives
- Planning participative training
- Training methods and techniques
- Delivering training
- Assessing learning and evaluating training skills
The Learning Outcomes of the course are:
- To understand the role, responsibilities and boundaries in relation to teaching
- To understand and be aware of appropriate teaching and learning approaches in their specialist area
- To demonstrate session planning skills
- To develop an understanding of the delivery of inclusive sessions which motivate participants
- To provide an understanding of the use of different assessment methods and the importance of record keeping
Why study with Professional Futures Ltd?
Here are some comments from some of our learners:
I really enjoyed the course, each session was different with a variety of tasks and activities and it was so well structured with clear objectives set at the start of each session. I didn’t find the course particularly easy but with the support of the tutor I gained confidence, got through the work and learnt a lot, I felt stretched and challenged (in a good way!) throughout the course. I found working in pairs and small groups was also really helpful as we were able to support each other and it helped us come together and work well as a group. I would definitely recommend this course as it gives you an array of skills and knowledge that are so beneficial. Allison Stott.
If I’m honest, the course was hard work especially for someone who hasn’t written an assignment for some considerable years, however, Marie was extremely supportive along with my classroom comrades both during class and outside with our What’s App group. Receiving the official certificate gave me a tremendous sense of pride and achievement and I would encourage anyone who is thinking about completing this course to ‘go for it’ , Anne-Marie Winters, Service Improvement Office, MSV Housing
If you want:
- Enhanced career development – Stand out from your competition and achieve a qualification that will help you pursue a career in education and training.
- An accredited teaching qualification – A Qualsafe qualification that is recognised and valued worldwide.
- To develop your skills, ability and confidence – This specially designed course will provide you with a robust tool kit to develop yourself in to a strong and inspiring teacher or trainer.
- A course in a location close to you – This programme is delivered across Warrington, Bolton, Manchester and Oldham
- Excellent Learning – Your personal course tutors have over 30 years’ experience in Teaching and Training, are consistently grade 1 outstanding, and we will ensure you enjoy your learning.
- Unrivalled support – After hours’ support, highly experienced tutors, and tutorials available on skype or face time.
You must be at least 19 years old on the first day of the training. There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that you consider a subject for delivery and hold the relevant qualifications and/or experience in your chosen area of expertise to be able to deliver it.
Other course requirements
There is a minimum requirement for you to take part in microteaching. Microteaching is an activity where you will prepare and deliver a short teaching and learning session to your peers and then evaluate their practice.
The QA Level 3 Award in Education and Training may be used towards other qualifications at the same and higher level, plus aid career progression in a relevant profession.
Some possible routes of progression are:
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training