This is a course for anyone who wants a better understanding of the skills necessary to mentor young people, those in the early stages of their careers or need mentoring support in the workplace. It is particularly suited to managers, supervisors, parents, teachers and youth support workers; although the skills covered are universal to mentoring.
- A highly interactive course with 3 days of lively, practical workshops.
- 1 supervised mentoring sessions with your personal tutor.
- On successful achievement, an internationally recognised and respected ILM Level 2 Award as well 5 credits on the international qualifications framework.
What You Will Need
- A passion for developing people
- Access to people who would like to be mentored
- Microsoft Word software, or equivalent
- An email account
How The Course Works
The first part of the course is run over 3 lively workshop days. These days are both theory and practise based and are aimed at giving you the underpinning knowledge and confidence in your ability required to become a great mentor.
You will then produce a written assignment of between 1000-2000 words for unit 1 – Understanding Mentoring. And you will then plan and complete a minimum of 3 x 1 hour mentoring sessions for unit 2 – Developing Mentoring Skills, where you will keep records of the sessions and reflect on their effectiveness. You will also complete a 1hour review session with your tutor to review your own performance and then discuss and plan your future development areas.
When You Have Finished
You will receive an internationally recognised ILM, QCF credited Certificate.
Level 3 Award/Certificate in Effective Coaching
Level 3 Award/Certificate in Effective Mentoring
Level 3 Award/Certificate in Leadership and Management
These qualifications build up your body of knowledge and begin to professionalise your role as a mentor or coach. You will be able to confidently and effectively work as a coach or mentor in a large organisation, or simply to those around you!
Why study with Professional Futures Ltd?
Here are some comments from some of our learners:
I have enjoyed being on this course as there are topics which have been covered that are useful in many situations. I particularly like the team-based exercises as these are challenging and require thinking outside the box.
I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. The tutor makes it fun and easy to learn. All topics are covered until all is fully understood and everybody is comfortable to move on. You can tell the tutor fully enjoys what she does and loves helping others to learn, she genuinely cares about other people’s education and learning to get the best out of them.
If you want:
- Enhanced career development – Stand out from your competition and achieve a qualification that shows how much you value your personal development.
- An accredited Mentoring qualification – An ILM qualification that is recognised and valued worldwide.
- To develop your skills, ability and confidence – This specially designed course will provide you with a robust tool kit to develop yourself and your mentoring skills.
- Excellent Learning – Your course tutor has substantial experience in Coaching and Mentoring, and will ensure that you enjoy your learning.